has announced the availability of its Advanced Intelligent Tape (AIT) LoaderXpress autoloader using Sony's new enhanced-performance AIT-1 (SDX-400C) tape drives.
With AIT technology backed by Sony, the AIT LoaderXpress provides an excellent migration step to an automated solution with a technology that has enhanced reliability. The new AIT-1 is now 33% faster than its predecessor and is better suited to a wide range of applications, including image/multimedia, real-time data acquisition and transportable storage.
The LoaderXpress is the industry's first autoloader to incorporate the following features:
http://o1.qnsr.com/log/p.gif?;n=203;c=204655439;s=10655;x=7936;f=201806121855330;u=j;z=TIMESTAMP;a=20400368;e=i The no-additional-charge features make the LoaderXpress ideal for high-volume applications, the company said.
- Bar code reader
- A true mail slot (enables cartridge addition/removal without interrupting system)
- Support of optional Web TLC(TM) (remote management)
- "Field upgradeable" to two drives
- A removable magazine for bulk loading/unloading of cartridges
- Large four-line interactive display with 20 characters per line
Aimed at workgroups in the cost-sensitive end of the tape storage market, the LoaderXpress brings 665 GB native capacity and 14.4 GB/hr speed to every application. It also comes with 19 data cartridge slots and one AIT-1 drive -- which may be easily upgraded to two drives. It is available in both rack-mount and tabletop versions.