Download the authoritative guide: Enterprise Data Storage 2018: Optimizing Your Storage InfrastructureSistina, a developer of software products that enable sharing of data and dramatically reduce storage costs, today announced the release of version 5.0 of its award-winning Global File System (GFS). Sistina's GFS is an advanced clustered file system that allows multiple servers on a Storage Area Network (SAN) to have concurrent read and write access to a shared data pool.
Sistina's GFS 5.0 was engineered to provide functionality critical to enterprise-class data centers. This set of enhancements includes advanced installation and cluster configuration tools to greatly reduce implementation time, Dynamic Multi-Path support in the pool volume manager to tolerate single path failures, a shared root file system which provides ease of use and lowers managements costs, performance enhancements with additional lock managers, and better support for third-party snapshot capabilities.
For a data center requiring a management solution, Sistina's GFS 5.0 offers:
- Multi-Dimensional Scalability - Sistina's GFS allows customers to seamlessly scale their solution by supporting hardware vendors' on-line storage expansion capabilities while also providing the ability to add servers and increase network capacity non-disruptively while on-line.
- High-Availability - Sistina's GFS creates a single system image of the data for all users. Should a server fail, the load is automatically redistributed and balanced on the remaining servers. Access to data is uninterrupted.
- Reliability - Advanced failover and multi-journaling functionality make Sistina's GFS a highly reliable and stable data storage and management system.
- Interoperability - Sistina's GFS permits users to select low cost, commodity hardware from trusted vendors of their choice. Servers and storage devices from different vendors can be used side by side with no detrimental effect on overall system performance.
- Affordability -Sistina's GFS reduces the total cost of data management by leveraging the power of low cost, commodity hardware while reducing the resources necessary to manage the data storage environment.
Sistina Software develops software products that simplify complex data storage tasks and dramatically reduce storage costs. Sistina's products enable NAS and SAN to operate within one environment using a cluster file system that allows multiple servers on a SAN to see a single shared file system.