See the full list of Top 10 Leading Backup Products
Company Description: Data Dynamics intelligent file management solutions analyze, move, manage, and modernize data across hybrid, cloud, and object-based storage infrastructures. Headquartered in Columbus, OH and started in 1996, the company creates software components for application developers using Microsoft Visual Studio and the .NET platform. Used today by 24 of the top Fortune 100 companies, StorageX has optimized more than 160 PB of storage.
Product Description: Data Dynamics StorageX is a file management and file replication tool that makes copies NAS file shares as a means of data protection and replication. It provides a policy-based, storage management platform and supports S3 object storage. StorageX automates DFS management tasks, helping organizations create and manage both simple and complex enterprise-class namespaces.
StorageX has four core capabilities to improve manageability and simplify file data management in distributed heterogeneous storage environments: backup/restore, availability, replication, and monitoring/failover. Namespace and disaster recovery policies create a single pane for managing environments, while reducing aggregate risk and costs through automation. For example, administrators can monitor shares, folders, and volumes for availability, transparently failing over users to alternate storage devices based on pre-defined policies.http://o1.qnsr.com/log/p.gif?;n=203;c=204655441;s=10655;x=7936;f=201806121857000;u=j;z=TIMESTAMP;a=20400372;e=i
· Simplified reporting: Administrators can generate reports on elements such as namespace status, lists dependencies, root properties, and share properties.
· Easy identification of dependencies: Administrators can see both physical and logical views of namespace resources and interdependencies.
· Availability: StorageX enables users to synchronize the logical structures of DFS namespaces across multiple Windows servers, using Namespace Availability policies. You can designate a primary namespace to use as your master and then select one or more target namespaces you want to keep synchronized with the primary.
· Stand-alone to Domain-based namespace conversion: StorageX can convert a stand-alone namespace to a domain-based namespace to take advantage of storing namespace info in Active Directory (AD).
· Namespace search: Allows searching of file storage resources, file system folders, DFS namespace folders, and CIFS shared folders or sub-folders to determine if a DFS namespace or DFS link targets the object.
Insight and Analysis: Storage Switzerland said, “StorageX is an established, well vetted, field-proven file management solution that now delivers support for S3 compliant storage and cloud file management, together with features that eliminate data silos and vendor lock-in.”
The focus is on enterprise environments. Those with simple SMB environments may not need this level of functionality.
Markets and Use Cases: Use cases include DR, technology refresh, file system restricting, cloud tiering, namespace management, storage resource management, DevOps, file analysis and categorization, file security compliance, replication and availability.
Implementation: Once in place, StorageX 8.0 allows administrators to set up DFS management, NFS replication, namespace availability, and tagging analytics.
Delivery: Downloadable software
Pricing: StorageX pricing starts at less than $100 per TB.