See the full list of Top 10 Leading Backup Products
Company Description: Acronis International GmbH is a private technology company based in Switzerland. Founded in 2003, it develops on-premises and cloud software for backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share and data access.
Product Description: Acronis Backup provides protection for on-premises, remote systems, private and public clouds, and mobile devices. It provides a 15-second Recovery Time Objective (RTOs) and can instantly restore any piece of data. John Zanni, President of Acronis, added that the Acronis Backup Cloud is also available. It protects any virtual, physical, and cloud environment, with zero upfront costs and a pay-as-you-go business model. However the Backup Cloud is specifically for service providers.
· Virtual server protection for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Red Hat Virtualization, Linux KVM, and Oracle VM Server.
· Protects clouds, hypervisors, apps and mobile devices.
· Replication is provided via VMware vSphere Replication with WAN optimization.
· It can backup Oracle databases with disk-imaging backup and bare-metal recovery.
· SAN storage snapshots can reduce the impact of backup processes by offloading VMware VM backup snapshots to NetApp SAN storage.
· Acronis watching files for behaviors indicative of ransomware and stops attacks.
· It restores damaged files so the user sees no impact from any attack.
· Save computer and networking capacity with deduplication and offhost operations.
Insight and Analysis: IDC noted that Acronis Backup helps enterprises to “break away from using siloed backup and protection solutions for each environment.” The analyst firm also applauds Acronis for its breadth of platform support: Oracle backup and recovery, automated bare metal recovery, SAN snapshots and DR across 21 platforms.
IDC added that its security capabilities provide, “proactive security that is relevant in the dynamic IT environments of today.”
Gartner, however, did not consider Acronis worthy of placement in its MQ for data center backup, indicating that it may have a way to go to be suitable for the top end of the enterprise backup market.
Implementation: Deployed in the Acronis Cloud or on-premises.
Delivery: Can be delivered as software or as software-as-a-service
Markets and Use Cases: All markets except home users.
Agents: Agents are not required to backup VMs under Microsoft or VMware hypervisors and for Office365 mailboxes backup. All other environments require an agent.
For service providers, the Acronis Backup Cloud is priced per device or per GB. The minimum per month is $250; the price per GB starts for Acronis hosted at $0.10