With a mission to modernize data protection, Veeam strives to help companies own, control, and protect their data.
Columbus, Ohio-based Veeam, founded in 2006, has over 4,000 employees who serve over 400,000 customers in over 180 countries. See below to learn all about Veeam and where it stands in the disaster recovery-as-a-service market:
Veeam and the DRaaS Market
The global DRaaS market is expected to grow from an estimated $8.8 billion in 2022 to over $23.5 USD by 2027.
The top 5 providers sharing in this growth, in order by total revenue, are Dell Technologies, Veeam, Veritas, IBM, and Commvault.
- Options for day-to-day backup management or long-term retention for fail over when it’s needed
- Back endpoints up to the cloud to protect vulnerable laptops and ensure “no device gets left behind”
- Ensure remote workers are protected, restoring files or entire machines, regardless of device location
- Portable file format makes cloud data disaster-proof
- Granular restore functionality allows for full volume or file-level backup and recovery
- Protect against software-as-a-service (SaaS) data loss by protecting applications, like Microsoft 365
All these Veeam DRaaS features above are powered by three key technologies:
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Veeam Cloud Connect
- Veeam Service Provider Console
As a value-add, Veeam DRaaS provides Veeam ONE for monitoring and analytics that enable organizations to proactively manage their infrastructure.
- Business continuity without the need for a second data center
- Turnkey solutions deliver accelerated time to value
- Meet service-level agreements (SLAs) and customized recovery objectives
- Identify DR strategies using Veeam DRaaS expertise
- One platform protects all workloads, whether located on-premises, in the cloud, virtual, or physical
- Avoid CapEx purchasing, setup, and ongoing management
See more: Best Data Recovery Services
As a leader in delivering community-focused public health services, the Eastern Ontario Health Unit (EOHU) was dissatisfied with its existing backup-to-cloud capabilities.
Supporting the health and wellness of over 200,000 Canadians, EOHU needed to keep a diverse set of services up and running, keep data secure, while staying affordable.
Veeam DRaaS was engaged by EOHU to back up 10 TB of data across 25 virtual machines (VMs) on-premises, with copies replicated to a private cloud. As a result, EOHU is able to recover data and restore critical operations within two hours of a ransomware attack. Moreover, the solution strengthened disaster preparedness and reduced backup costs by 35%.
By being able to choose a Canadian vendor, EOHU was able to ensure its data stayed in Canada and guaranteed geo-redundancy and regulatory compliance.
“Ransomware infected and encrypted our entire on-prem IT infrastructure, including backups. HostedBizz performed DRaaS using Veeam replicas, and our critical systems were up and running in under two hours,” says Joanne Porporo, manager of IT and physical resources, Eastern Ontario Health Unit.
Reviews indicate Veeam DRaaS is easy to configure, powerful, and comprehensive:
- Gartner Peer Insights: 4.6 out of 5
- G2: 4.6 out of 5
- TrustRadius: 8.7 out of 10
“Before Veeam, we had a few incidents where recovery from our backups was not possible. We did not have the level of comfort that all our backups (stretching to more than 500 virtual machines, 275 terabytes of data, and 13 data centers) were done reliably.” -User Ernst Karnet, group IT manager of Peermont Group, in a testimonial
“Veeam is the global leader in data availability and intelligent data management. By combining Veeam with our cloud services, we provide a solution that keeps businesses running — no matter what,” -User Benjamin Falk Elveng, CTO, any.cloud, in a testimonial
Veeam DRaaS has won several honors from G2 in multiple categories:
- Leader for small business
- Leader for mid-market
- High performer for mid-market
- Most implementable for enterprise
- Easiest setup for enterprise
- Best results for enterprise
- Best estimated ROI for enterprise
The benefits of DRaaS over traditional DR are clear: reduced CapEx from up-front investments and ongoing costs, access to on-demand support from focused providers and experts, geographic separation that ensures primary data centers aren’t near backup locations, and readily scalable resources. These benefits are easily realized by choosing the Veeam DRaaS solution.
Veeam DRaaS is a comprehensive solution. For information, take a look at the free Veeam DRaaS e-book that covers DR and DRaaS.