Acronis offers backup protection for databases, mobile devices, and a variety of virtual machines. The Cyber Backup solution is available as a standalone product, but it belongs to Acronis Cyber Protect, which also includes disaster recovery, cybersecurity, and endpoint solutions. Acronis is one of the top backup solutions for enterprises.
Acronis Cyber Backup provides protection for on-premises, remote systems, private and public clouds, and mobile devices. It provides a 15-second Recovery Time Objective (RTOs) and can instantly restore data. The Acronis Backup Cloud is also available: it protects any virtual, physical, and cloud environment, with zero upfront costs and a pay-as-you-go business model. However the Backup Cloud is specifically for service providers.
Acronis International GmbH is a private technology company based in Switzerland. Founded in 2003, it develops on-premises and cloud software for backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share and data access.
- Virtual server protection for VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, Red Hat Virtualization, Linux KVM, and Oracle VM Server.
- Protects clouds, hypervisors, apps and mobile devices.
- Replication is provided via VMware vSphere Replication with WAN optimization.
- It can backup Oracle databases with disk-imaging backup and bare-metal recovery.
- SAN storage snapshots can reduce the impact of backup processes by offloading VMware VM backup snapshots to NetApp SAN storage.
- Acronis watches files for behaviors indicative of ransomware and stops attacks.
- vmFlashback tracks only the data that was changed during a backup so that virtual machine recovery takes less time.
- Acronis optimizes storage capacity and improves asset management with deduplication.
- Off-host processing allows users to choose another agent to perform operations related to a backup, to offload work strain for the machine where the backup is happening. Users can also schedule those operations for another time.
- Users can view backup numbers, as pictured below, and delete backups from storage locations.
Deployed in the Acronis Cloud or on-premises.
Can be delivered as software or as software-as-a-service
Markets and Use Cases
- Small businesses with heavy loads of data that need to be protected or quickly recovered
- Medium-size and large businesses with Oracle databases or other backup needs
- Enterprises with many virtual machines
Agents are not required to backup VMs under Microsoft or VMware hypervisors and for Office365 mailboxes backup. All other environments require an agent.
All costs are listed as dollars per year.
|Deployment Type||Cost (Standard Edition)||Cost (Advanced Edition)|
|Windows Server Essentials||$229||No license|
|Microsoft 365||$119||No license|
|Google Workspace||$119||No license|
For service providers, the Acronis Backup Cloud is priced per workload or per GB. Acronis’ standard monthly commitment is $250.
Read Next: Top 10 Leading Backup Products