See our full list of 7 Best and Fastest SSDs
The 883 DCT meets was designed to meet the demands of server storage systems, with added reliability, end-to-end data protection, and the ability to handle massive amounts of data. As it does not use NVMe, it is much slower than competitors like the Intel Optane and the Toshiba XD5. Yet this Samsung is also much cheaper.
As far as the SATA category goes, it is the fastest, combining good performance, high capacity and reliability. There are cheaper SATA SSD options around, such as the Micron 520. But for those wanting enterprise-class SATA SSDs, the Samsung 883 should always be a candidate to consider.
The Samsung V-NAND SSD 883 DCT comes in a 2.5-inch form factor. It has a 6 Gb/s SATA interface with storage capacities up to 3.84 TB. The 883 DCT is designed to achieve optimal performance with a high level of QoS (quality of service) under the SATA interface. It offers sequential read/write speeds of up to 550/520 MB/s and random read/write speeds of up to 98K/28K IOPS.https://o1.qnsr.com/log/p.gif?;n=203;c=204660763;s=10655;x=7936;f=201812281303250;u=j;z=TIMESTAMP;a=20400372;e=i
The 883 DCT is safeguarded with end-to-end data protection to ensure consistency over the entire data transfer path and prevents data corruption in case of power failure with power loss protection. Experience the superior SSD quality and reliability of in-house production using Samsung built components. It also has the reliability and durability required in enterprise applications. It comes with a limited five warranty and has endurance of up to 5,466 TBW. That equates to an MTBF of 2 million hours.
- Form factor: 2.5 inch
- Capacity: 240 GB up to 3.84 TB
- Random Reads: 98k
- Random Writes: 28k
- Throughput: 550 MB/s
- Endurance/Lifespan: Up to 5,466 TBW and MTBF of 2 million hours.
- Data Protection: 256-bit AES encryption and power loss protection.
- Data Management: Samsung SSD Toolkit offers efficiency management
- NVMe: No
Key Markets and Use Cases:
The 883 DCT is good for the following:
- Demanding enterprise server storage systems.
- Environments that need added reliability for critical data. The DCT offers end-to-end data protection.
- Data center consolidation. Those with legacy storage systems can move to the Samsung 883 to achieve higher efficiency and performance in a much smaller footprint.
- IOPS of 98K/28K make it ideal for handling massive amounts of data at a steady pace.
Around $1,400 for the 3.84 TB version.
|Capacity||240 GB to 3.84 TB|
|Lifespan||5,466 TBW, 2 million hrs.|
|Category||Fastest SATA SSD|
|Key differentiator||Highly reliable|