Netskope is an American provider of software solutions and security platforms. It offers a wide variety of cloud-native solutions for data protection in cloud infrastructures, apps and threat defense.
In 2021, Netskope attracted over $300 million in investment, totaling a $7.5 billion valuation.
See below to learn all about where Netskope stands in the the cybersecurity market:
Public Cloud Security
Netskope’s Public Cloud Security allows you to gain visibility and control into multi-cloud environments. It secures apps, sensitive data, and identities according to set policies and regulations.
- Centralized control and visibility into cloud environments
- Continuous monitoring of security configurations
- Automatic remediation of incidents
- Shadow IaaS detection
- Malware detection
Next Gen Secure Web Gateway
Next Gen Secure Web Gateway (SWG) protects users and devices accessing cloud services, apps, data, and websites directly from the cloud. SWG scans web traffic for malicious activity and malware.
- Visibility into thousands of apps and cloud environments
- Real-time control of thousands of cloud-based apps simultaneously
- Built-in dynamic web filtering
- Protection from malware and cloud-enabled threats
Netskope Cloud Firewall
Netskope Cloud Firewall secures all ports and protocols of cloud-based environments. It’s a firewall-as-a-service (FWaaS) that minimizes the complexity and costs of cloud security.
- Centralized administration
- Reduced complexity with a single-pass architecture
- 99.999% cloud access availability
- Uses IPsec and GRE tunnels for user internet access
Netskope Cloud Firewall has built-in single pass secure access service edge (SASE) for global access to data centers.
Security Service Edge
Security Service Edge (SSE) provides advanced protection from cloud-based threats. It protects data transactions through a single cloud-centric platform.
- Zero-trust models with adaptive controls
- Unified and easy to use management console across platforms
- Single-pass inspection for users
- Low-latency and efficient traffic processing
Cloud Access Security Broker
Netskope’s Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) solution allows for swift identification and management of cloud apps. It allows you to monitor the unintentional and unapproved movement of data between cloud apps and assess the risk.
- Capacity to discover up to 36,000 apps
- Full visibility into SaaS, IaaS, and web activity
- Data exfiltration prevention
- Control devices with SSO identity access
- Easy compliance with security and privacy regulations
SSL/TLS Decryption Appliances
SSL/TLS Decryption Appliances support multicloud environments where it inspects encrypted traffic to detect and intercept malicious traffic.
- Cloud-based and highly scalable
- Doesn’t require hardware changes
- Activity-level policy enforcement
- Full encrypted traffic inspection
Virtual Private Networks
Netskope’s Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) are a zero-trust and cloud-native alternative to conventional VPNs. They grant complete control over user access to applications, services, and data in real-time.
- Access to private apps with zero trust
- Doesn’t require legacy VPN hardware
- Protects private apps and their data
- Unified, lightweight client to access all apps
Netskope Private Access
Netskope Private Access is a network access solution that’s cloud-based and zero trust. It allows you fast and secure access to private apps in the cloud or data centers.
- Direct and fast connectivity to cloud environments and ecosystems
- Application-level access control
- Eliminates protocol exposure and minimizes attack surface
- Boosts work productivity with a streamlined user experience
Netskope’s Insider Risk solutions use behavioral analytics, machine learning, and visualization to defend cloud apps and users against insider threats. It helps stop insider threats before they turn into full-blown data breaches.
- Includes Netskope’s Advanced Analytics
- User and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) using AI and ML
- API-based controls for data monitoring and protection
Netskope Digital Experience Management
Netskope Digital Experience Management (DEM) eliminates security gaps by monitoring all user traffic. It provides real-time insights into your network and app performance with end-to-end visibility.
- Proactive monitoring
- Cloud-based and agent-less
- Provides complete transparency into Netskope security cloud
- Immediate time-to-value transformation without configuration
The Netskope Partner Program includes resources for business, technical, and marketing purposes. It helps users with marketing and sales by providing branding, advertisement material and advice, and assistance securing sales.
Your team can also receive specialized training on how to effectively sell and support the Netskope Cloud Security platform.
A few of Netskope’s Technology Partners include:
- Juniper Networks
Netskope Use Case
Morgan Sindall Group is a construction and regeneration company based in the U.K.. It employs 6,600 professionals and works with the public, regulated, and private sectors in offering construction and infrastructure services.
Morgan Sindall has been using cloud models and environments to manage digital operations. However, it is still using dated on-premise appliances for security.
Digital transformation isn’t a popular option in the construction industry. In fact, it’s second in reluctance to digital infrastructure transformation to the agriculture industry.
The group needed a solution to help it avoid bandwidth issues and delays, which is also capable of supporting the move from on-premises to cloud applications and improving the infrastructure’s overall security control.
Using a handful of Netskope’s solutions, such as Next-Generation Secure Web Gateway, CASB, and Cloud Confidence Index, Morgan Sindall Group was able to achieve its cloud security goals.
“We needed them to prove long-term sustainability and a strong U.K. and European presence. While these requirements knocked other companies out of the process, Netskope sailed right through,” says Neil Binnie, group head of information security and compliance at Morgan Sindall Group.
“Netskope enables us to meet our employees’ expectations of an optimal user experience (better than the one they get on their own home IT) in the safest possible manner.”
Morgan Sindall is now able to safely share data with third parties and maintain detailed visibility of its apps.
User Reviews of Netskope
Netskope has consistently high user reviews submitted to third-party review sites as a testament to the level and quality of its security products and services.
G2: 4.3 out of 5
Capterra: 4.5 out of 5
TrustRadius: 8.2 out of 10
Gartner Peer Insights: 4.8 out of 10
Industry Recognition of Netskope
Netskope has won dozens of awards and titles for its product innovation and regular contributions to the cloud security market.
In 2020, Netskope won two “Cyber Defense Magazine Infosec” Awards for its Next-Gen CASB solution and “Best Product” in Cloud Security.
The same year, it was also awarded the “2020 Fortress Cyber Security Award” for enterprise data protection.
Netskope has also received the Gold “Cybersecurity Excellence for Cloud Security Product” Award in 2020, winning a popular vote by more than 300,000 cybersecurity professionals.
Netskope in the Cybersecurity Market
As of 2022, Netskope has an 18.12% market share in the cloud access security broker market, serving over 800 clients.
Its main competitors are other high-ranking companies: CTERA with 30.87% market share, Microsoft with 17.00% market share, and Bitglass with 8.02% market share.