Founded in 1992, NetApp has over 11,000 employees worldwide.
The company generated a net revenue of $5.74 billion in the 2021 fiscal year, an increase of 11% from the previous year. NetApp also consistently ranked in the Fortune “500” list since 2012.
See below to learn all about where NetApp stands in the market for storage management:
See more: The Storage Management Market
NetApp Storage Management Portfolio
SolidFire is a data storage solution by NetApp that enables you to be your own cloud service provider. It utilizes API-driven storage to consolidate workloads and manage storage.
- Real-time performance management
- Standardized software and hardware across your data centers
- Less operating costs
- Reduced human errors in complex administrative tasks
FAS are NetApp’s flexible and highly scalable data storage systems. They are optimized for hybrid cloud storage platforms to handle diverse workload needs.
- Simplified ongoing management
- Built-in integration with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and more
- Predictive analytics for problem prevention and solving
- Compatible with NetApp data security solutions
- Fast and reliable data backup and recovery
NetApp IT Automation solutions eliminate the hurdles to private cloud success through efficiently developed on-premises and cloud applications that can handle a wide range of virtualized workloads.
- Desktop virtualization support
- Safe and reliable container deployment
- Built-in compatibility with storage and data management software (ONTAP, Element software, and StorageGRID)
NetApp’s StorageGRID is a data storage solution optimized for enterprises. It’s a software-defined storage (SDS) suite that’s simple, secure, fast, and reliable.
- Enables content replication, public cloud metadata searching, and custom notification
- Protects and preserves data using intelligent, policy-driven data management
- Seamless data transfer between on-premises and public cloud storage
ONTAP is NetApp’s enterprise data management software that allows you to manage storage disk arrays, such as NetApp’s AFF and FAS.
- Automatic ransomware and data loss protection
- Simplified storage management
- Space-efficient and minimized data footprint
- Receive best-practice recommendations with NetApp’s Active IQ AI
Azure NetApp File
Azure NetApp File is a fully managed Microsoft service that is built for simplicity, performance, and regulation compliance.
- Built-in compliance with SAP HANA, GDPR, HIPPA, and FedRAMP
- Built-in deep integration with Azure
- Supports multiple protocols at the same time
- Advanced data protection capabilities
Azure NetApp File leverages Azure’s built-in security and data management features, in addition to compatibility with NetApp solutions.
NetApp AFF A-Series is an all-flash storage system that accelerates business applications along with integrated data protection, cloud data backup, and recovery.
- Smart integration with your core business applications
- Boosts enterprise app performance using AI and ML
- Automatic ransomware protection
- Meets strict services-level agreements (SLAs)
Data Migration for Legacy Apps
Data Migration for Legacy Apps is a solution that allows you to integrate your on-premises apps and storage with your cloud. It uses a set of unified standards that determine which data gets collected and how it’s stored, integrated, and utilized.
- Built-in integration with Google Cloud, AWS, and Microsoft Azure
- Unlimited scalability and smooth data movement with SAP
- Reducing compound technical debt by working directly with stakeholders
- Compatible with cloud global autoscaling
Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud
Cloud Volumes Service for Google Cloud is a managed file storage service by NetApp that enables you to migrate your data and run file-based enterprise apps without needing to redesign or rearchitect.
- Cuts cloud costs
- Simplified Windows file server deployment
- Simplified and automated data management for Kubernetes
- Scalability, performance, and security optimization for Windows and Linux-based enterprise apps
NetApp’s OnCommand Insights helps you make informed decisions for workload management by providing valuable insights across your entire infrastructure. It helps you see more and react faster by monitoring and troubleshooting your infrastructure.
- Enhanced troubleshooting and smart monitoring capabilities
- Show-back accurate reporting
- Provides direct insight into your hybrid-cloud infrastructure
See more: Top Trends in Data Storage Management
NetApp offers an award-winning partners program where members have access to sales, marketing, and technical resources to grow their businesses.
NetApp’s Partners Programs help partners stand out and deliver a top experience for customers. NetApp offers five variations on their partner program depending on your expertise and specialty:
- Global System Integrators (GSI)
- Solution Providers
- Alliance Partners
- Cloud Partners
- Service Providers
NetApp Storage Management Use Case
Over the past three decades, NetApp has helped countless businesses and organizations with storing, managing, and securing their data on-premises and in the cloud.
One notable example of NetApp’s remarkable storage management solutions is with Atos, the global digital transformation firm that manages over 400 million customer transactions per month.
As the standards for data handling got higher, Atos faced the challenge of needing to integrate data sets in their portfolio among multiple platforms, into a single, unified monitoring and management system.
With NetApp’s help, Atos was able to pick their own cloud provider, then use NetApp AFF to manage their data operations and applications.
“Atos and NetApp converge in terms of vision, helping our portfolio and our go-to-market journey. I see a fantastic future for us,” says Nourdine Bihmane, SVP at Atos.
User Reviews of NetApp Storage Management
Multiple third-party sites carry positive ratings and reviews of NetApp’s storage management solutions.
G2: 4.4 out of 5
Capterra: 4.3 out of 5
TrustRadius: 8.2 out of 10
Gartner Peer Insights: 4.5 out of 5
Some customers report that NetApp’s storage management products are complex, requiring certain professional experience in the field and some time for familiarity.
Industry Recognition of NetApp Storage Management
NetApp has received multiple awards and titles over the years for its solutions and how it is run as a business.
NetApp in the Storage Management Market
NetApp held 9.8% of the external enterprise storage systems market globally, as of 2021. It also held almost 20% in the all-flash array global market.
NetApp ranked third in global market share. Dell Technologies, ranked first, has 30.3% of the enterprise storage management market, and right behind it is HPE at 10.5%.
See more: Best Storage Management Software