Tresorit offers highly secure, end-to-end encryption for individuals’ and businesses’ cloud file storage. For companies that want zero-knowledge-based storage and strong access management for their files, Tresorit is a good choice.
Tresorit provides a cloud-based file platform for data storage, sharing, and access management. It’s not only simple file storage, though: it offers data protection and administration features suited for small enterprises. Highlights include user and device management, data processing agreements, and access roles.
Tresorit uses zero-knowledge systems, which validate data through algorithms without needing to reveal it. Tresorit is a Swiss company, and Switzerland has strict data privacy and protection laws, so Tresorit is bound by all of them. It’s also compliant with multiple regulations, including GDPR & HIPAA.
Users can choose between multiple international centers to store their data. If they don’t select one, the default storage location is Ireland.
Tresorit doesn’t have access to user keys or data, so that in case of a breach on the servers, attackers couldn’t decrypt the data stored there. They also do not have access to user passwords and cannot unlock the storage account through them.
Also Read: 5 Storage Needs of Modern Data Centers
- Businesses are able to manage the level of data protection for each stored file, including who has access to it. This makes access roles easy to report for GDPR compliance.
- Tresorit provides a Data Processing Agreement to help show a company’s GDPR compliance to clients and legal institutions.
- The Admin Center for file management shows user and device information and IP addresses that use Tresorit Web Access.
- Users can manage devices, including adding and deleting them from the company Tresorit account, and administrators can manage user access.
- Tresorit offers native apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS, as well as a web application.
- Users can manage file version control and share and request files.
Tresorit for Businesses
Tresorit’s storage system bakes in access control and some basic monitoring features, like user and device statistics and IP addresses on the software’s network. Its data protection and access management make data access easier to report for GDPR purposes. Having data encrypted while stored on company servers also improves regulatory compliance.
Tresorit for Individuals
Individual users particularly benefit from Tresorit’s high security when they want to store sensitive documents and files, such as creative work or photos. Users receive 2500 gigabytes of encrypted personal storage, and they also have file version control. Tresorit allows password-protected encrypted links for sharing and receiving files. Users can access files on up to 10 devices.
- End-to-end encryption
- 256-bit AES
- TLS compliant
- Support for two-factor authentication
- Sharing policies that allow businesses to define who can share what files and with whom
- Outlook and Gmail extensions, which allow users to share file links rather than email attachments, which carry security risks
(all of these are annual billing prices)
Business Standard plan: 14.50/ user/month
Business Plus plan: 19.17/user/month
Enterprise plan: 24/user/month; has to have at least 50 users
All have at least chat support and email support.
Individual user pricing: Premium plan–10.42/ month
Solo (for professionals): 24/month
Read Next: Best Cloud Storage for Business & Enterprise