Acronis is a computer software company with products available through 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries and 40 languages.
Their offerings include cyber protection using antivirus, backup, disaster recovery, endpoint protection management solutions, and AI-based anti-malware. Acronis solutions protect data, applications, and systems for any business.
Acronis’s product, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, is known for its backup and protection all-in-one management system.
“We believe that Acronis Cyber Protect is among the most comprehensive attempts to provide data protection and cyber security today. … Acronis shows potential to disrupt traditional IT security vendors by delivering integrated components for backup/recovery and malware detection and protection,” says Phil Goodwin, research VP, infrastructure systems, Platforms and Technologies Group, IDC.
See below to learn all about Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud offerings and where it stands in the market:
Acronis and the backup market
The cloud backup market size is estimated to grow from $1.30 billion in 2017 to $4.13 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 26.1%, according to MarketsandMarkets.
The cloud backup market value is increasing due to the growth of data and the new applications and technologies especially the internet of things (IoT), big data, artificial intelligence (AI), and cloud computing.
Due to Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, Acronis can join the market because of their awareness of the growth and uses antivirus, backup, disaster recovery, endpoint protection management solutions, and AI-based anti-malware.
For more: Cloud Backup Providers
- Data protection: important data must have continuous protection, making recovery time shorter
- Security to prevent reinfection: ability to restore older files and technology with the latest updates, security patches, and update anti-malware before data recovery to help prevent future reinfection
- Provides protection plans: the cyber protection operations center (CPOCs) monitors threats and alerts and automatically adjusts protection plans to protect against any signs of disruption; changes the plans that provide an increase in the rate of backups and deeper anti-virus scans
- Global and local white lists: scan for backups with anti-malware technologies such as AI or behavioral heuristics to white list applications that are harder for the machines to read
- Data reporting system: gives the ability to track vital files and alert an enterprise if their files cannot be backup
For more: 5 Top Backup Security Trends
- Automated backup: Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud has a data protection map, compliance reporting, and continuous data protection. The system provides monitoring and updating applications without needing IT and other software.
- Increased productivity: Acronis gives advanced management through patch management, health monitoring, software inventory collection, and cyber scripting making IT have less work to do with possible disaster recovery.
- Decreased operating costs: Consolidating vendors give the ability to simplify management, improve workflow, and reduce security risks. Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud only requires one integrated solution: one license, one agent, controlled and deployed through one console.
- Maximize profitability: An enterprise reduces problems by demonstrating cyber protection results to clients with integrated reporting.
Union Technology Cooperative (UTC)
Middleton, Wisconsin-based Union Technology Cooperative (UTC) is a worker-owned managed service provider that provides technology solutions to organizations. UTC was having trouble with managing multiple security vendors, end-user engagement, and compliance with backups. They were also dealing with UTC’s quality of service and support decrease of trust.
UTC needed a backup and protection provider that can consolidate disparate security vendors with an integrated solution and ease of use for both internal operations and UTC’s customers. That is when they found the perfect product: Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud.
“Overall, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is a great vision in terms of being able to leverage one tool to do a lot of things… There is a ton of opportunity with the product and we are really excited about it,” says Dennis McKernan, director of security, UTC.
Through Union Technology Cooperative’s work with Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, they achieved simplified security vendor management and helped end-users manage backups and security updates.
Synapsys Systems is a privately-held cloud distributor based in South Africa that delivers solutions to thousands of customers using a network of sub-distributors, resellers, and managed service providers (MSPs).
Synapsys was having a couple of problems they needed to fix. They had a lack of security options that led to resellers breaking off and getting third-party solutions. Synapsys also needed to have the ability to educate smaller MSP partners so they could see the potential market opportunities. To make this happen, Synapsys needed a channel-friendly model. This is when they added Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud to help with these challenges.
“We are excited to see Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud launch. It’s a great solution. Having a unified product with a single agent and interface will make a big difference in our market. It is a game changer.” Nick Keene, sales engineer, Synapsys.
When Synapsys added the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, they were getting security revenue for MSP partners and achieved their want for a channel-friendly model, benefiting Synapsys as a whole.
- AI-based anti-malware to detect without IT help
- Protects more than 20 workload types including physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile
- Backup storage options include Acronis Cloud, public and private cloud, local network storage
- Backup sources include file, disk, mobile, system-state, application, NAS and network shares, ESXi configurations
|G2||4.7 out of 5|
|PeerSpot||4.5 out of 5|
|Gartner Peer Insights||4.2 out of 5|
|TrustRadius||8.2 out of 10|
|Capterra||4.1 out of 5|
For pricing of Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud, go to the Acronis Purchasing page.
Acronis is staying up to date with the developing cloud backup market. As the tech advances, so does Acronis, basing their Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud protect off of what their customers and partners need.
“We are constantly collecting feedback from our partners … and prioritize our road map based on partner needs. … Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud addresses the need of our partners to protect more workloads and provide better reporting and user experience to their customers,” says Gaidar Magdanurov, Acronis Chief Success Officer.
Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud is changing and growing every day by using antivirus, backup, disaster recovery, endpoint protection management solutions, and AI-based anti-malware. As such, Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud can be a good cloud backup option for any enterprise.
For more: How Cloud Backup is Used by Spectrum, XcellHost, Alto, Dorégrill, and Liberty Group: Case Studies