SANTA CLARA, Calif. — The data storage company Hitachi Vantara is introducing several new hybrid and private cloud products.
The group of products are intended to deliver “agility, scalability, and flexibility” for private and hybrid cloud environments, according to Hitachi Vantara this week.
Hitach Vantara believes cloud strategy is often “complex” for companies, with different operating models, legacy infrastructure, a shortage of cloud talent, and issues with cybersecurity and compliance.
The company plans to meet customers “wherever they are on their cloud journey” with the hybrid and private cloud products.
The products are engineered for data-driven organizations that want to automate and simplify their cloud infrastructure and operations.
- Virtual Storage Software Block (VSS Block): a software-defined data platform that extends its virtual storage platform to cloud-native applications
- VSP E1090: a next-generation mid-range storage array with new virtual storage scale-out capabilities
- Hitachi Ops Center Clear Sight: an artificial intelligence (AI)-driven cloud management tool to support the Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform with simplified cloud-based reporting and analytics
- Hitachi Cloud Connect: to deliver a near-cloud solution with deep integration into public cloud, extending the data fabric to support cloud applications from the leading public cloud providers
- Unified Compute Platform RS: the latest hyperconverged “cloud in a box” offering and its cloud data protection appliance to ensure data is secure across a hybrid cloud operating model
“We are accelerating the pace of delivering new hybrid cloud products and services,” said Mark Ablett, president, digital infrastructure business unit, Hitachi Vantara.
Ablett said the products allow customers to “divert valuable resources and talent” to AI and data analytics and accelerate finding ways to “improve the digital experience of their business.”