While many organizations have deployed virtual machine (VM) technology, virtualization is a growing a field, and companies across tech are seeking top talent to fill virtualization roles.
Virtual machines, desktops, and infrastructure are changing the way we work. Businesses rely on seamless, secure communications and storage to protect their customers and assets, and virtualization offers them a better way to work online.
While virtualization is becoming increasingly important in cloud computing, there is a lack of specialists who can fill the necessary roles. As a result, companies must compete to hire the best virtualization specialists for their growing cloud infrastructure.
We have gathered some of the world’s top companies in the cloud computing, server, and data space that are looking for new hires in roles requiring virtualization:
Fujitsu offers numerous products and services for data centers, cloud computing, storage, networking, infrastructure management, artificial intelligence (AI), and more. With over 150,000 employees worldwide, the company strives to make the world a better place through sustainable technologies.
Right now, Fujitsu has nearly 2,000 open virtualization positions, some of which include:
- CI/CD Engineer in Poland (Remote)
- Software Lab Engineer in Richardson, TX (On-site)
- Network Architect in Poland (Remote)
Some benefits of working at Fujitsu include remote and hybrid opportunities, mental health care, and tuition assistance.
IBM is a global organization that designs and develops advanced IT tools for big businesses and data centers. The company offers an array of technologies and solutions for supply chain, blockchain, big data, automation, quantum computing, and IT infrastructure.
IBM is currently seeking to fill countless virtualization positions, including:
- Compute/Storage/Virtualization Technical Support Engineer in Tokyo, Japan (On-site)
- Compute and Virtualization Support Engineer in Dallas, TX
- Senior Virtualization/Cloud Architect in Seattle, WA
Some of the benefits of working at IBM include 12 weeks of paid parental leave, diversity programs, and one of the best health insurance packages available.
VMWare focuses on building cloud and virtualization technology solutions for multicloud businesses. Plus, they have a range of active projects, such as Project Pathway, Hillview, and Remote Memory. Virtual machines are the key to their solutions.
VMware is actively recruiting for over 10,000 open positions. Some of the top virtualization openings include:
- Network Virtualization Engineer in Denver, CO (Remote)
- Software Engineer—Greenplum Virtualization (P2) in Palo Alto, CA (On-site)
- Consulting Architects NSX & AVI—Virtual Networking in Wichita, KS (Remote)
VMware offers employees a healthy work-life balance, leaving them time for their side projects, like blogging. It also has many remote opportunities available and flexible benefits like an equity incentive plan and stock options.
Microsoft is a software giant that offers a range of products for consumers, developers, and organizations. AI, big data, infrastructure, APIs, and open-source tools are all put to work to reach the company’s sustainability goals. Plus, they are committed to empowering people with disabilities through the AIR Accessibility Project.
Here are some of Microsoft’s available virtualization positions:
- Principal HW IO Virtualization Architect in Hillsboro, OR
- Product Designer in Chicago, IL
- Research Intern—Simulation Framework and Studies for Shared Virtual Memory Accelerators in Mountain View, CA
Microsoft is a hybrid workplace, meaning most roles can be performed remotely or partially in-office. Benefits include flexible work hours, bonuses, stock awards, and a host of on-site perks.
Cisco delivers software-defined networking (SDN), cloud, and security solutions to transform businesses and drive innovation. They pride themselves on being one of the first companies to help build the internet and continue that legacy by building solutions that seamlessly connect people with the resources they require.
Cisco is currently hiring for multiple virtualization positions:
- Senior Software Engineer—Routing Virtualization and Cloud in Raleigh, NC (Remote)
- Network Consulting Engineer—Data Center in Denver, CO
- Technical Solutions Specialist—Enterprise Networking in Raleigh, NC
One of the biggest perks of working for Cisco is its laid-back, outcome-driven company culture. The organization prides itself on being a diverse and inclusive organization with equitable employment opportunities and professional development.
Citrix is a cloud computing and virtualization company with services that help workplaces achieve better business continuity. The multinational company provides server, application, and desktop virtualization services, plus networking and cloud technology.
The software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider is now hiring for several jobs in virtualization:
- Software Engineer—Virtualization in Burlington, MA (Remote/Hybrid)
- Content Collaboration Supportability Engineer in Raleigh, NC
- Lead Technical Account Manager—Virtualization, Citrix in New York, NY (Remote)
Working for Citrix also means that you have access to 18 weeks of paid parental leave, mentorship opportunities, and employee resource groups.
AWS, a subsidiary of Amazon, is the largest individual market shareholder in the cloud service industry. With a focus on automation and augmented reality, AWS has numerous cloud computing projects that require virtualization skills.
Here are some of the latest virtualization openings at AWS:
- Systems Engineer I—Infrastructure DNS Support in Seattle, WA
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect—Aerospace & Satellite and Aerospace & Satellite Professional Services, Remote
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect—Virtual Opportunities, Remote
AWS offers remote, in-person, and hybrid opportunities with flexible schedules. Other benefits include employee discounts, professional development, and plenty of paid time off.
AT&T is a telecommunications giant that offers managed security, networking, and infrastructure services. The company is also entering the virtualization space as they continue to bring solutions closer to the edge.
There are some of the jobs available at AT&T that require virtualization:
- Network Infrastructure Engineer in Dallas, TX
- Professional Data Center Management in Kings Mountain, NC
- Sr. Technical Specialist—Application Development in India
Some of the perks of working at AT&T include on-site health care, stock purchase plans, employee discounts, and more.
Oracle is a cloud technology company that offers computing infrastructure and software solutions. The company created an autonomous database and continues to lead the way forward for other cloud organizations.
There are several roles at Oracle that involve virtualization:
- Principal Cloud Architect in Austin, TX (Remote)
- Software Developer Machine Learning or Data Science in Mexico City, Mexico
- Data Engineer in Denver, CO
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees that includes financial planning, flexible time off, and benefits for commuters.
Rounding out our list is the search engine, AI, and cloud computing giant Google, which is par of Alphabet. Google is best known for its machine learning (ML) algorithms and search engine mastery, but they also contribute to numerous behind-the-scenes projects that are designed to move humanity and technology forward.
Here are some of their available virtualization positions:
- Infrastructure Cloud Consultant—Telecommunications and Media, Google Cloud in Miami, FL
- Customer Engineer—Infrastructure Modernization, Media and Entertainment in Los Angeles, CA
- AI Google Cloud Consultant—Telecommunications, Professional Services in Seattle, WA
Google is well-known for being a leader in the tech world in company culture and work-life balance. As an employer, the company encourages employees to work on their own projects and collaborate with others to generate new ideas and solutions.
Right now, more than 92% of businesses use server virtualization to run their mission-critical systems, whether they realize it or not. The market for virtual machines, data, desktops, and servers is growing, and if you have skills in virtualization, now is a great time to start or shift careers.