Hitachi Vantara is an IT service management company that’s based in Santa Clara, California.
Formed in 1989, Hitachi Vantara employs over 5,000 employees.
Hitachi Vantara generated over $500 million in revenue in 2021 and continues to grow. It operates in over 100 countries and works with more than half of Fortune “100” companies.
Hitachi Vantara has a range of IT offerings, including data storage, infrastructure, and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for mid-sized businesses and enterprises.
See below to learn all about working at Hitachi Vantara:
See more: Data Storage Job Market Trends
Hitachi Vantara as an Employer
Hitachi has employees working all over the world, but the majority of them can be found in several regions:
- 3,000 employees are based in India
- 2,200 employees are based in the U.S.
- 550 employees are based in the U.K.
- 337 employees are based in Poland
According to employee reports on Indeed, 43% of employees work entirely remotely, while 18% work from home some of the time.
Hitachi Vantara aims for its employees to have meaningful careers that are rewarding. The workplace cultivates a culture of appreciation and lifelong learning, where employees are encouraged to own their own development and growth.
Hitachi Vantara in the U.K. and Ireland organized a Women’s Diversity Group in 2019. It aims to increase the diversity of its staff, advising women hires to:
- Be authentic
- Don’t be afraid to stand up and speak up
- Don’t ask for forgiveness
Diversity and inclusion receives a 3.6 out of 5 rating by employees on Glassdoor.
The work environment in Hitachi Vantara’s offices focus on:
- Harmony: Respecting the opinions and beliefs of others
- Sincerity: Working ethically and with a sense of ownership
- Pioneering Spirit: Working creatively towards innovation
Hitachi aims for women and non-Japanese to comprise 30% executive officers and corporate officers by 2030. By 2024, it aims to have reached the 15% milestone.
Employees at Hitachi Vantara primarily specialize in information technology and engineering. However, there are many more specialties covered by the employees, such as:
- Business development
- Program and project management
- Human resources
As for degrees, employees’ majors directly reflect Hitachi Vantara’s industry focus, with the majority of them majoring in computer science, computational science, or information technology.
Other common degrees among Hitachi Vantara employees include:
- Business administration and management
- Electrical, electronics, and communications
- Computer engineering
- Computer and information sciences
The majority of employees are also knowledgeable in management, cloud computing, and project management as well as key skills in the data storage market, such as SQL, virtualization, data center management, and storage area networks (SANs).
See more: Pure Storage vs. Hitachi Vantara
Over the last few decades, Hitachi Vantara has received multiple awards and accolades. Recent ones include:
- Awarded the “Top 10 Vietnam ICT Companies” by Vietnam Software Association (VINASA) in 2021
- Awarded the “IoT Innovator Award in the IoT Cloud Platform – Commercial and Industrial Category” by SILVER in 2019
- Won the “IoT Edge Computing Excellence” Award by IoT Evolution World Magazine in 2018
Hitachi Vantara receives a 3.4 out of 5 overall rating by employees on Glassdoor.
- 68% of employees of the CEO
- 59% of employees would recommend working at Hitachi Vantara to a friend
- 44% of employees have a positive business outlook
- 71% of employees report being satisfied with their work/life balance
Full-time employment at Hitachi Vantara comes with various benefits and perks, including:
- Health and dental insurance
- 401(k) and retirement plan
- Parental leave and PTO
- Tuition assistance
- Gym membership
- Employee discount
- Performance bonus
The perks and benefits that Hitachi Vantara offers its employees are highly rated on Glassdoor:
- 4 out of 5 for dental insurance
- 4.2 out of 5 for work from home
- 4.6 out of 5 for paternity leave
- 4.1 out of 5 for vacation and PTO
- 4 out of 5 for 401(k) and retirement plan
Hitachi Vantara Job Openings in Data Storage
Hitachi Vantara is looking to fill various positions related to data storage, including:
- Data engineer
- Big data developer
- Data management specialist
- Hitachi storage specialist
- SAN storage administrator
- Storage operations engineer
- Hitachi content object storage product manager
- Hitachi storage consultant, specialist
- Technical consultant, storage
- Senior data center and VMware engineer
- Lead solutions architect, data