Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is a multinational technology company based in Houston, Texas.
HPE is an edge-to-cloud product and services provider that helps companies connect, protect, analyze, and use their data and applications both in the cloud and on-premises.
With 60,000 employees and IT services offered around the globe, HPE has generated $27.8 billion in revenue in 2021, a 3% increase compared to the previous year.
HPE has had an upwards growth trend since it was first formed in 2015. This is due partly to the variety of its portfolio, especially in data and storage management, meeting clients where they are, and helping them achieve their goals.
See below to learn all about where HPE stands in the market for storage management:
See more: The Storage Management Market
HPE Storage Management Portfolio
Data Services Cloud Console
HPE’s Data Services Cloud Console is a suite of cloud services that work across your edge, core, and cloud. It enables data managers and innovators to eliminate complexity and accelerate innovation and agility.
- Scalable and automated infrastructure management
- Streamlined data protection, access, and mobility from edge to cloud
- Deployable systems and infrastructures on-demand
- Centralized infrastructure management with SaaS-based platform
HPE Nimble Storage Array Startup Service
HPE Nimble Storage Array Startup Service includes the installation of a single storage array and its networking, storage area network (SAN), management, and data functions by professionals, allowing you to focus on the bigger picture.
- Reduces the time required to install and use your storage
- Reduces the risk of unexpected issues interrupting the rollout
- Installation specialist conducts a review of the system and its operation
- Installation specialist conducts a review of information materials to help you and your staff
HPE Solutions for Scality
HPE Solutions for Scality provide on-premises cloud storage for unstructured, scalable data archives and tiers used in modern, data-intensive applications.
- Data portability and breaking down silos with built-in, federated data management
- Compatible with multiple platforms and media types
- Easy data scaling from terabytes to hundreds of petabytes
- Performance-based workloads for fast data-intensive and in-memory object storage
HPE InfoSight is artificial intelligence (AI)-powered, autonomous cloud operations for managing data from the edge to the cloud.
- Automatically predicts and resolves issues
- Time-management problems reduced
- Application and data security using machine learning (ML) and AI
- Fast response time and resolution using AI
HPE Pointnext services are customer-focused IT support services that accelerate access to resources and specialized expertise for faster time to resolution.
- Multicloud agility that optimizes service delivery and costs
- Edge digitization to gain insights and improve business operations
- Available in over 30 languages in 80 countries
HPE Storage Modernization Services
HPE Storage Modernization Services aim to improve effectiveness, reduce costs, and apply scalability using end-to-end storage analysis, design, and support to migrate and protect data.
- Advisory-based services where capability analysis and workshops help you understand your data profile
- Low-latency, highly transactional services with an open standards-based platform
- Implementation and migration are performed by experts and professional partners
HPE Alletra is a cloud-native data infrastructure that provides cloud operations on an on-demand model from edge to cloud, eliminating the complexity of silos and conventional hybrid cloud environments.
- Centralized cloud-native management for the entire cloud environment
- Flexibility using workload-optimized systems
- Effortless backup and recovery
- Unified management and seamless data mobility
HPE Nimble Storage
HPE Nimble Storage is an intelligent, self-managing storage system that combines the power of AI with a flash-optimized storage portfolio for fast and reliable data access round the clock.
- Cheaper than conventional storage
- Available as a cloud service
- Effortless cloud backup and data mobility
- AI-driven predictive intelligence for application security and reliability
HPE Nimble Storage Data Migration Services
HPE Nimble Storage Data Migration Services simplify the process of migrating your company’s critical data with minimal impact on operations.
- Uses proven methodology that reduces risk
- Minimizes the impact of the migration on operations and responsibilities
- Fast and streamline move to HBE Nimble Storage
- Integrated project coordination and migration design and pilot
They’re available in conveniently packaged offerings to meet a client’s needs.
See more: Top Trends in Data Storage Management
HPE’s Partner Ready Program welcomes trusted and innovative partners in the tech industry, from on-premises cloud IT to cloud-based and hybrid cloud models.
Through the program, HPE is able to connect you with expertise in the tech industry to help support and evolve your business model by creating new opportunities.
- Growth: Accelerate business growth with technical and financial solutions
- Profitability: Make profit-focused decisions with the right support
- Innovation: Leverage the global HPE Partner Ready ecosystem and offer your contributions
HPE has four sections in its partnership program depending on your industry focus:
- Partner Ready for Solution Providers
- Partner Ready for Technology Partners
- Partner Ready for OEM Partners
- Partner Ready for Service Providers
HPE Storage Management Use Case
One of HPE’s clients was the University Hospital Basel, one of the leading medical establishments in Switzerland.
Hospitals in general, and Basel in particular, handle large amounts of patient data on a daily basis. The hospital needed a way to effectively manage various storage and archival systems ranging from computer tomography (CT) to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans.
Locating and retrieving critical information was difficult and time-consuming. With HPE’s help, they were able to build a universal medical archive. They were also able to secure and preserve all types of data using RING and HPE Apollo 4000 systems.
“I look for technology that takes away problems and provides flexibility to adapt when our customers within the university hospital come to us with new demands,” says Markus Müller, head of data center management at the University Hospital Basel.
“HPE and Scality have taken the problem of archiving data away from me. They’ve eliminated that worry. And anything I don’t have to worry about is a good thing.”
User Reviews of HPE Storage Management
HPE is able to verify its reputation in data storage solutions due partly to the positive reviews on various third-party review sites:
Gartner Peer Insights: 4.7 out of 5
TrustRadius: 9.2 out of 10
G2: 3.9 out of 5
Capterra: 4.5 out of 5
Industry Recognition of HPE Storage Management
HPE’s storage management solutions have been recognized by multiple authority figures in the industry.
HPE in the Storage Management Market
Over the last year, HPE’s market share has grown by 10.8%, gaining 1.3% of the market share in data storage and management.
Its competitor, Amazon S3, led the year with a market share of 44.66%, followed by Pure Storage at 11.47% and NetApp at 3.55% of the data storage and management market.
See more: Best Storage Management Software