Founded in 2011 by a team of storage market experts, Infinidat was built with a mission to eliminate compromises between performance, availability, and cost. They provide multi-petabyte data storage solutions for enterprises that require ultra-low latency.
Emerging as a market leader, the company says more than a quarter of businesses on the Fortune “50” list are Infinidat customers. They seek to develop better, faster ways to store and protect petabytes of data at the highest availability and lowest cost.
See below to learn all about Infinidat’s storage solutions and where they stand in the market:
See more: IBM: Storage Management Portfolio Review
Infinidat storage solutions are created for enterprise IT organizations, cloud service providers, and other companies that require as much storage as they can get to provide streamlined experiences for every tenant and workload.
However, Infinidat’s data storage hardware solutions may be effective for organizations as well. Digital transformation, including storage management, can be a small business strategy to remain competitive.
Among Infidat’s collection of products and software solutions are two enterprise storage offerings:
The InfiniBox enterprise storage system allows organizations to scale mixed application workloads and improve business agility. This multi-petabyte system delivers ultra-fast performance while lowering costs. Some of the InfiniBox’s best features include:
- High performance: InfiniBox utilizes Neural Cache’s cache management algorithm, delivering ultra-low latency and high throughput
- Multi-petabyte Scale: It can consolidate multiple systems with a single rack that can scale up to 10 PB
- High availability: This storage array is built with a self-healing architecture that’s designed to provide 100% availability
- Business agility: Simplify data protection and accelerate agile development with integrated replication
- Powerful environment management: Predictive analytics provides insights into performance and infrastructure, while service capabilities allow service level coordination across various tenants, volumes, and workloads.
InfiniBox SSA delivers high-performance capabilities under extreme workloads that require ultra-low latency for each I/O. This version of the InfiniBox uses 100% solid-state technology coupled with Neural Cache and deep machine learning (ML) algorithms for persistent storage.
The InfiniBox SSA is an enterprise storage system designed to meet the specialized needs of workloads that need consistently low latency to operate effectively. In addition to the features that InfiniBox comes with, InfiniBox SSA also offers maximum system capacity utilization with thin provisioning, continuous reclamation, and inline data compression.
Infinidat offers a partner program as well as a technology alliance program. Some of the biggest names in the market partner with Infinidat: including SAP, Cisco, RedHat, AWS, Intel, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Veritas, and VMWare.
The channel partner program offers access to a library of training videos and tutorials as well as marketing and sales enablement content only for Infinidat partners. The company provides its partners with the tools and support they need to help customers achieve their storage goals.
Storage use case
Infinidat storage arrays and solutions are used across industries and numerous use cases, including big data, containers, business continuity, cybersecurity, cloud, databases, consolidation, and virtualization.
Petco, a pet store chain with over 50 years in business, improved the speed, performance, reliability, and cost-effectiveness of its IT infrastructure with Infinidat.
Petco has over 1,500 locations in three countries, including the U.S.
The manager of Petco’s core IT infrastructure, Hanuman Yalamanchi, oversees the organization’s data centers, enterprise resource planning (ERP), and recovery systems. When it was time to upgrade their storage systems, he says that, “Infinidat exceeded our top criteria, which included scalability, ease of implementation and management, and high availability/reliability at a lower TCO (total cost of ownership).”
As a result, most of Petco’s core systems run on four InfiniBox enterprise storage arrays at a lower cost than other providers. The pet company has not experienced any downtime since partnering with Infinidat. And Yalamanchi reports that their support is proactive and responsive.
According to a recent review of InfiniBox at Gartner Peer Insights, 88% of reviewers rate the InfiniBox enterprise storage array 5 out of 5 stars in all categories, including evaluation & contracting, integration & deployment, service & support, and product capabilities.
“The product hits a phenomenal performance price point,” says the Gartner review. “You simply cannot get the same amount of usable storage with the level of performance at a price point anywhere near Infinidat.
“Couple that with the ease of use and administration, and the Infinibox line is light-years ahead of the competition.”
Infinidat has a history of innovation in enterprise storage. Here are some of the awards and recognition the company has earned for its storage arrays:
- Infinidat was named as Outperformer in the GigaOm Radar for Primary Storage for Large Enterprises
- CRN named the InfiniBox SSA one of The 10 Coolest SSD And Flash Storage Products Of 2021
- InfiniBox SSA was recognized as a finalist for CRN’s 2021 Tech Innovators Award for Enterprise Storage
- Infinidat was named a leader for the third consecutive year in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage
- Infinidat was recognized as a May 2021 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Primary Storage Arrays
- Infinidat was named as 1 of 16 Best Primary Storage Arrays for 2021 by Solutions Review
In the storage market
Infinidat is in the 10th position in the global enterprise storage system market, with a 0.3% market share. However, the momentum they built in 2021, including a 130% year-over-year revenue increase, shows there is more to be seen from Infinidat.
Dell Technologies holds the first position and accounts for nearly a third of revenue in the market, followed by Hewlett Packard Enterprise with just over 10% of the market.
Tied for third place are NetApp and Huawei, each with about 9% market share.
See more: Best Data Storage Solutions and Software